Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 850 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The Programmer Analyst is responsible for working within the applications team and with all Analysis Group departments to develop automated solutions to optimize business processes. The candidate must be able to work independently and productively with both internal staff and external vendors. This includes, but is not limited to, playing multiple roles on internal projects, developing applications and utilities, upgrading existing applications, implementing new applications, automating manual tasks, running periodic jobs, and developing new reports. The candidate will be responsible for internally developed applications, assisting with the business analysis, development, testing, and deployment. This position is also responsible for resolving production problems and providing technical support.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the design, development, and delivery of software applications within the company.
- Automate existing business and technical tasks, minimizing the amount of manual processes.
- Develop improved methods for reporting and information sharing.
- Implement vendor solutions with internal departments including vendor selection, requirements gathering, design, testing, and integration with existing systems.
- Facilitate testing, defect resolution, and user acceptance. Perform post-resolution analysis to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Identify potential efficiency improvements to existing business processes.
- Document application integration processes and participate in cross training.
- Perform day-to-day administrative functions such as troubleshooting and user problem resolution for AG applications.
- Identify and learn appropriate applications, data, and processes used and supported by the firm.
- Work with users to understand requirements and application functionality/capabilities.
- Provide production support, documenting the problem solving process.
- Minimal travel to one or more AG offices may be required.
- SQL Server – Experience with stored procedures, Transact SQL, SSIS packages, Integration Services, Reporting Services, and server administration.
- Experience in one or more of the following programming languages: C#, VB, and ASP.NET.
- SharePoint and custom webpart development experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office – Strong understanding of Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with advanced features such as VBA, pivot tables, as well as integration with SQL Server and SharePoint.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and 2+ years of related work experience.
- Ability to manage projects and coordinate activities with internal and external resources.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong customer service skills and quick response time to internal and external requests.
- Strong, creative problem solving skills.
- Motivated self-starter and team player.
- Attention to deadlines.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Experience in professional services or legal industry a plus.
- Experience with mobile application technology a plus.
- ERP – Experience reporting from and integrating applications with financial packages. Elite Enterprise experience a plus.
- CRM – Experience with integrating data from CRMs into other applications. InterAction experience a plus.