Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 850 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The Support Engineer works with an agile team in a fast-paced, challenging environment to provide technical support and customer service on company supported computers, devices, applications and platforms.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to network, desktop, phones and/or systems hardware and software.
- Support and maintain user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Maintain thorough and accurate documentation of ticket status and resolution.
- Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software.
- Provide desk-side technology support to professionals at all levels of the organization.
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines; utilize tools such as imaging software, Active Directory, and Remote Desktop.
- Ensure system security is in compliance with firm policy including virus protection.
- Provide training, guidance, support, and mentoring to colleagues.
- Operate and maintain audio/visual equipment such as teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, processes, and service records.
- Provide orientation and training to end users for all modified and new systems.
- Contribute to various technology related projects.
- On-call/after-hours support will be required. Scheduling is based on staffing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or three to five years equivalent work experience.
- Relevant technology certifications are a plus.
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows 7/10, Office 2010/13, desktops, laptops, and printers in a corporate environment.
- Experience supporting mobile devices, including iOS, Android and Blackberry.
- General WAN/LAN/wireless networking, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP.
- Familiarity with VoIP phone systems.
- Experience supporting remote users through VPN.
- Heavy lifting, including packages, and computer equipment.
- Engage in office work using a computer and telephone.