Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 850 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The Immigration & Mobility Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of the firm’s domestic and international immigration processes as well as all domestic and international relocations. This role requires a focus on superior customer service and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization in a professional and high quality way.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
Immigration: Responsible for collaborating with HR and outside counsel to manage and track all domestic and international immigration processes, including:
- Manage and track all immigration processes for the firm’s candidates and employees, including U.S. employment based visas and green cards, European and Canadian visa processes, and ad hoc visa requests for work travel.
- Manage outside immigration counsel relationships to ensure high quality customer service and practical and creative advice that considers the firm’s needs in conjunction with the individual employee’s needs.
- Analyze complex immigration matters and effectively communicate solutions to internal clients, HR team, and senior staff.
- Coordinate all aspects of the U.S. green card process, which may include educating and assisting recruiting partners to help conduct recruitment.
- Coordinate with recruiting to assist candidates with visa concerns with an emphasis on customer service.
- Develop recommendations for evolving the firm's immigration policies and practices. Maintain strong knowledge of immigration law and requirements and ensure firm's regulatory compliance.
Mobility: Responsible for collaborating with the HR team, finance, and outside vendors to manage all aspects of domestic and international relocation, including:
- Provide high-quality consultation pertaining to mobility-related issues such as the appropriateness of a transfer, cost considerations, visa and relocation requirements, and the impact to the employee.
- Develop and manage guidelines to ensure fairness and consistency with standard offerings.
- Maintain a good understanding of complex relocation issues (e.g., individual and firm tax implications, visa constraints), flag challenges for finance and HR, and present thoughtful solutions.
- Create written relocation and secondment agreements in collaboration with HR, finance, and outside counsel.
- Coordinate with outside vendors to assist employees with all aspects of the relocation, including shipment of goods, temporary housing, and resources for family needs (e.g., local schools).
- Coordinate with HR and benefits to identify and communicate changes to benefits and / or salary.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Familiarity with immigration law preferred; a law degree may be beneficial but is not required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in global human resources or related field, with a focus on immigration or relocation.
- Strong PC capability (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Team player, willingness to assist other HR functions when needed.
- Able to effectively work independently and within a team.
- High attention to detail with the ability to be flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrate good judgment and superior customer service skills under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills.