Analysis Group is one of the largest economics consulting firms, with more than 900 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The Marketing & Business Development Manager is a strong business development professional with front line responsibility for elevating market visibility and supporting business growth. This position collaborates with consultants to drive these efforts firm wide, by practice and by individual consultant for assigned areas of responsibility.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and facilitate business development and marketing programs and tactical execution for practices, individuals and regions. Focus on building market visibility and growing the existing business base for assigned areas. Propose new target markets/clients to consultants, along with strategies and tactics to pursue. Close integrated work with colleagues focusing on lead generation and research will be essential to help map strategy and support that moves leads to securing business, along with analytics to increase new business outcomes. Meet regularly with senior consultants to learn areas of focus and goals of individuals, and work closely with them to build and implement business development activities in tandem with department colleagues.
- Where appropriate, assist in developing practice and individual plans that help guide and prioritize activities; assist with analytics to assess outcomes.
- Work closely with the editorial team to support proposals/pitches, secure case/experience content, develop collateral and web content, identify thought leadership opportunities including articles and presentations, etc.
- Work closely with the CRM team to expand and leverage relationship marketing tools, tracking and contact lists through the CRM database and other supporting tools.
- Work with media relations resources and consultants to identify media opportunities that credential and increase market visibility.
- Identify areas of distinction to promote, as well as third party awards that may substantiate credentials.
- Collaborate with members of the editorial and website team to ensure appropriate positioning of areas of expertise and promote areas that sell the firm, practices and individual capabilities.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters or J.D. preferred
- Minimum of 7-10 years business development and marketing experience, preferably in professional services for at least a portion of career
- Exceptional communication skills
- Consummate collaborator
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent writing skills. Attention to detail. Ability to understand and deal with complex material and concepts. Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in learning the firm’s work
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, leadership, and diplomacy – the ability to gain consensus through influence, presence, and positive discussion is critical to success.
- Flexible and adaptable working with various personalities
- Strong Microsoft Office capability, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint; experience with CRM (preferably InterAction) a plus