Analysis Group is one of the largest private economics consulting firms, with more than 900 professionals across 14 offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. Since 1981, we have provided expertise in economics, finance, health care analytics, and strategy to top law firms, Fortune Global 500 companies, and government agencies worldwide. Our internal experts, together with our network of affiliated experts from academia, industry, and government, offer our clients exceptional breadth and depth of expertise.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage activities of the Conflicts staff to (i) ensure the intake of client data for all new leads and cases is accurate and complete, (ii) work with consultants throughout the company to assist in the resolution of conflict checks, (iii) track contractual obligations related to conflict restrictions or client and case specific training requests.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Client Intake: Oversee the intake of all client data (legal, financial and marketing) for every new engagement and ensure that the data is accurate and complete. Follow up with consulting staff as appropriate to gather comprehensive data and/or correct inaccurate data as each engagement progresses.
- Conflict Checks: Oversee all conflict check issues and manage the firm’s conflict check system and processes. Assist in the identification of potential conflicts and work directly with the firm’s in-house legal counsel, the Conflict Committee and consulting staff in the resolution of conflicts.
- Compliance Obligations: Oversee the tracking of all contractual obligations related to conflict restrictions. Work with the Director of Compliance to inform client and case teams of obligations related to their work. Oversee maintenance of software used for ethical walls and other compliance purposes.
- Management: Ensure consultants receive superior customer service from the Conflicts team, which requires coordinating requests from consultants, assigning tasks and coordinating coverage. Review existing processes and engage in continuous improvement of processes. Implement quality control measures to ensure adherence to established procedures. Assist with the implementation of formal guidelines detailing intake and conflict processes and procedures. Oversee the growth and development of the Conflicts team.
- Various Projects: Collaborate with Finance, Marketing, IT and other administrative teams to continually improve administrative processes to create efficiencies and better serve the consultants.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to quickly build and sustain positive relationships.
- Ability and comfort working in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Equivalent of 10 years work experience, preferably in law firm or other professional services environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Managerial/supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with Thomson Reuter's 3E and Intapp Open preferred.
- Strong PC capability (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, conflict check software)